Direct mail is not only highly targetable but also readily personalized with names, images and messages. With special inks and textures, and enhancements like die-cuts and folds, the variety of shapes and sizes are all attention-getting . . . and drive interaction and impact. Here are six reasons why direct mail gets our stamp of approval.
1. Accessible. U.S. consumers (73%) and Canadian shoppers (67%) prefer direct mail for brand communications because they can read the information at their convenience. (Epsilon, Channel Preference for Both the Mobile and Non-Mobile Consumer, 2012)
2. Noticeable. Consumers who say they are more likely to notice and read direct mail (53%) than email (26%). (Canada Post Corporation, Breaking Through the Noise, June 30, 2015)
3. Likeable. More than 60% of North American consumers enjoy checking the mailbox for postal mail. (United States Postal Service, The Mail Moment)
4. Action-oriented. 50% of recipients have purchased a product in-store over the past six months as a result of direct mail. (Canada Post Corporation, Breaking Through the Noise, June 30, 2015)
5. In the moment. 98% of consumers bring in their mail the day it’s delivered, and 77% sort through their mail immediately. (United States Postal Service)
6. Moving to the next level. 64% of recipients have visited a website, engaged in social media (54%) or visited a retailer (47%) as a result of receiving mail. (Epsilon, Channel Preference for Both the Mobile and Non-Mobile Consumer, 2012)
For lots of great ideas about how to put direct mail to work for you, give us a call.