You may have asked yourself, “Do I really need to have a company blog?” Maybe you’re concerned about the time it will take or what you will write about. While these are real concerns, the answer to the question is yes, you should have a blog, and here are six reasons why:
1. Blogging drives traffic to your website. We all want customers and prospects to be able to find us on the Web. Blogging helps your company appear higher in search results.
2. Blogging Improves SEO Performance. Search engines want to display the most relevant and up-to-date information that’s available in their search results. Blogging shows that your website is current and is one of the best ways to improve SEO performance.
3. Blogging builds a loyal following. Provide compelling information to your audience and not only will they keep coming back for more, they’ll also share your information through their own channels, resulting in higher search results for your company.
4. Blogging builds your reputation. With content that is relevant, informational and educational, you can establish yourself as an expert in your industry. Plus, when readers share your articles, it shows search engines that you’re a trusted authority.
5. Frequent posts get noticed. You will be more successful keeping your audience engaged with fresh content. Try to blog as frequently as you can. It may not be possible to post daily or weekly but try to post at least twice a month. You want to maintain your audience’s interest and search results will increase with frequency.
6. It is nice to share. It’s important to get the most social exposure you can when blogging. So be sure to share your blog posts on social media. It provides more opportunities to gain exposure with your audience and for them to share it with their friends.
Need help getting started with a blog? Give us a call. We can help.